The new system ROSA ROBOTICS, is the most modern achievement of robotic technology in the field of Orthopedic surgery for the treatment of severe knee arthritis (osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, post-traumatic arthritis). ROSA ROBOTICS consists of a high-tech anthropometric data processing unit in combination with a precision mechanical arm, which work with the certified Orthopedic Surgeon to perform the most frequent knee arthroplasty surgery with absolute precision.
The interactive relationship of the orthopedic surgeon with the ROSA robotic system is performed throughout the surgery. ROSA robotics receives the anthropometric information of the patient provided by the Orthopedist with special high-tech systems. After the data has been processed by ROSA, the robotic arm moves to the nearest millimeter and shows the exact position where the surgical manipulations are to be performed. The ROSA electronic board also provides information and 3D images of the joint being operated on, which the surgeon takes into account during the operation.
The specialized hand of the Orthopedic surgeon is combined with the high-tech robotic arm and they apply the implants in the ideal anatomical position, balancing at the same time soft tissues around the joint. Perhaps most importantly, ROSA ROBOTICS does not allow mistakes to be made during the operation, thus ensuring the safety of the result.
Τhe advantages of ROSA robotic knee arthroplasty are:
• Proper placement of the knee arthroplasty implants and balancing of the soft tissues around the joint results in a more anatomical and natural sensation immediately after surgery,
• Safety for the patient due to the cooperation of the Orthopedist with the robotic system which provides a continuous flow of information during the surgery, minimizing the possibility of intraoperative and postoperative complications,
• Blood transfusions are usually not needed due to the bloodless robotic technique,
• The rapid mobilization of the patient,
• Two- three days stay in the clinic
• Faster return of the patient to daily activities (FAST TRACK)
In the possible longer life of the implants in the patient’s body (prospect 25-30 years). The new robotic system ROSA ROBOTICS is the present and the future of robotic knee joint replacement. ROSA ROBOTICS is the first robotic system in northern Greece which is operated only by specially certified Orthopedic surgeons at the European InterBalkan Medical Center, Thessaloniki, Greece.
Investigations (Preoperative check-up)
- Blood group
- Crossmatch 2 units of blood
- Chest X-Ray
- Cardiological assessment
- Urine Culture if necessary
- Knee X-Rays
Days of Hospitalisation
- 2-3 days
1st f-up Appointment, Wound Check, Removal of Stiches/Clips
- In 4 days